Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

Our makeshift mantel! I think the stockings look great up there! :)

My angels and Cohen's new Santa Claus that he got last year!

The big Christmas tree - in the office/playroom!

The smaller, Cohen-friendly Christmas tree in the living room!

Cohen sitting in front of the tree...if only I had had him in different clothes, this one would have made the Christmas card!

The new "fake" smile that he insists on doing more times than not in pictures these days!

This is from the actual Christmas card picture shoot...in his Christmas overalls (that he hated) with the string of lights (that he also hated)...

...needless to say, this photo shoot was nearly impossible to capture a card-worthy photograph!

We started getting somewhere when we pretended to not take pictures...

...see what I mean?? This one is kind of magical, I think!

And, finally...this is the one we went with - it matched the cards we liked the best! You'll see for yourself if you're on our Christmas card list! ;)

I know I already used the word "magical" once in this blog, but I really believe that that's the best word to use for Christmastime once you have a child. There is just something so magical about how their eyes light up when they see the Christmas tree all lit up and they get to help decorate. Don't get me wrong, last year was wonderful, too, but he was still so tiny...this year the "magic" all begins! We'll be seeing Santa Claus for the first time this season this Saturday...in fact, we're having breakfast with him at Brio! I can't wait to see Cohen's face when he sees Santa! Don't worry, there will be pictures! Happy holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment